Thursday, July 8, 2010

Oxegen Festival 2010 HitList


_____It’s finally here, boys and gals, Oxegen 2010! Seeing as that is the case, I don’t really have the time to write a big spiel on who I feel you should see, who you shouldn’t, and how guilty you should feel if you go to see Black Eyed Peas over Muse, so instead, I’ve just lashed together my Oxegen HitList.
___Here are ten songs I believe cannot afford to be missed live at a festival, although if I could give you one other tip, it’d be to spend as little time at your tent during the day, and see as many bands as possible, and I guarantee you your favourite song of the festival will come from the most likely of sources. Like seriously, mine was a Kaiser Chiefs one last summer…

_____So, in chronological order according to stage times…

Vampire Weekend - A-Punk

You cannot beat that first album.



Stereophonics - Dakota


One of the best signings by Oxegen this year.



Arcade Fire - Rebellion (Lies)

How fucking excited are you?



Two Door Cinema Club - I Can Talk

Seeing as they have moved to main stage and you no longer have to miss Biffy to see them…



Biffy Clyro - Living Is A Problem Because Everything Dies

The Captain and Mountains were purpose built for festivals, but this is flawless.



Muse - Plug In Baby

I swear to God, if you go to Black Eyed Peas



We Are Scientists - After Hours

The two nicest guys in music. And the drummer from Razorlight



Jamie T - Sticks n’ Stones

He’s a featherweight champion.



30 Seconds To Mars - From Yesterday

Even if you don’t like them, stick around, get a good spot for Prodigy, be proved wrong.



The Prodigy - Breathe

Is anybody going to Eminem?




Enjoy, and get plastered responsibly.

No comments:

Post a Comment