Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Obituaries




_____Nelly Furtado once melodically pondered, “Why must all good things come to an end?”. Being a stupid b*tch, she made us listen to her whine on about it for the torturous duration of the song without giving us anything even approaching an educated guess, let alone a concise answer. The answer, as it happens, is simple: because there isn’t enough space on my iPod for it.
___I’ve moaned before about the disadvantages associated with opting for a slimmer iPod, and unfortunately, with the release of numerous eagerly-anticipated albums in recent weeks (LCD Soundsystem, Crystal Castles, and Foals the ones you’re most likely to be hearing about from myself in the coming weeks), these pains have seldom been more heartfelt. I’ve had no choice but to part ways, at least for the time being, with many albums I really wish I didn’t. They will never be forgotten, except in the case of The Virgins, not sure how they managed to last this long on the strength of one single track…

_____In no particular order, except for alphabetical, are listed below the albums I must say goodbye to.

Animal Collective - Feels

This isn’t actually through any fault of the album itself, I quite like most of the songs on it, but seriously, if Animal Collective are in question, you’d be mad to listen to anything other than Merriweather Post Pavillion. Although I always thought the track below would fit so much better on MPP



Basement Jaxx - Remedy

As hard as I tried, and hard I certainly tried, I could never quite justify to myself having 170mb of music from what we all know to be the most hit-and-miss band of all time. That said, some of their hits are absolutely timeless.



The Crystal Method - Divided By The Night

Following a brief love affair between myself and the American electronic duo last summer, what started as a romantic three albums, complete with B-sides has since slowly but surely diminished to dull indifference. This will be the last remnant of our short-lived time together to be severed. However, it’s not exactly The Crystal Method themselves which I’ve been clinging onto until now, but more the heavenly voice of Emily Haines on a track I will genuinely miss.



Master Shortie - A.D.H.D.

This album is a fair bit of fun, and if it didn’t make me cringe just a little bit every time I listen to it, then it probably wouldn’t be on this list, but, as much as I’m sure you’ll enjoy tracks like Dead End and Rope Chain, you will cringe. One of the songs actually made it into Skins back when it was cool, but, much like we’re all a bit too old for Skins, we’re all just a bit too old...



Muse - Dead Star/In Your World

Lolz only kidding.


Muse- Dead Star
Uploaded by ApocalypseVIII. - See the latest featured music videos.


The Virgins - The Virgins

Like I said, I don’t actually like this band. I don’t know why they were on my iPod.





Parting is such sweet sorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment