Tuesday, December 22, 2009

The 10 Albums Of 2009 You Simply Must Download Illegally:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: No. 6 = Metric - Fantasies


_____Chances are a fair few of you haven’t heard of Metric. But you’ve all heard of Yeah Yeah Yeahs. This doesn’t make any sense to me, because an awful lot of the two’s works are very similar. Only Metric are better. So why then, I hear you ask, have YYYs had so much more success? The answer is simple. Metric, by what only can be described as poor fortune, are from Canada. In fact, if there is a song of there’s you might have heard, it’s Monster Hospital, and it’s only because MSTRKRFT did a killer remix of it.



_____Offering a slightly darker, heavier sound than Karen O and her gang, Fantasies is definitely Metric’s best to date. Help I’m Alive was my initial favourite, but by now I’ve changed my mind more times than Tiger Woods has had sex with women outside of his marriage. I’ve currently settled on the hard-hitting Stadium, but the beautifully soft Collect Call is likely to overtake that anytime around now.



_____Emily Haines and the band provided the first set of the weekend for me at Leeds last summer, and boy it was a good one. A lot more memorable than Yeah Yeah Yeahs’ one that’s for sure, yet still, for some reason I cannot understand, that crow nosed singer and proportionally incorrect guitarist from New York seem to snatch the spoils of the “girl singer in an indie rock band” genre time and time again. Guess Metric will just have to do all they can do, release yet another superior album, and hope the people eventually see sense.

http://www.mediafire.com/?y0gmtzndhjy

No comments:

Post a Comment